Friday, April 17, 2009

Family Archives

One of the hiking places I’ve recently “discovered” is actually a rediscovery. Considering I grew up the daughter of two native Missourians, one of whom is an acknowledged authority on the history and geography of the state, it’s no surprise that many of our family outings were spent exploring nooks and crannies of the Ozarks, the glaciated plains, the prairies. So I have indeed been to Clifty Creek before, and my parents recently showed me the evidence, in the form of slides.

There’s not a lot to say about the pictures, except to explain a few things. First, it was 1972, sometime in the summer (the next slides in the series show my brother’s birthday in early September), so I was six, almost seven, and Paul (with me in the pictures) was nearly nine.


No comments: