Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Update on the Snow, 9 p.m.

Just an update on the snow. In my previous post, I showed you pictures taken at around 7 a.m., 10, noon, and 2 p.m.

Here's a picture I took of the same view, at 9 p.m. tonight.

That's my Honda.




The snow's supposed to continue through the night and taper off by tomorrow at noon.

We debated the pros and cons of trying to shovel it today, to "stay ahead" of the accumulation, but we decided against it since it was blowing and drifting so much. So we're going to have a lot of digging out to do, once the wind dies down.

Hey, and don't forget to feed the birds! We've been putting it out, but it gets buried rather quickly. I wish we had one of those feeders with the little roof over it.

We were surprised to get mail today! I know there's that saying about how they deliver it no matter how bad the weather, but considering that the mail nowadays is mostly junky ads and stuff, they could have begged off today. But here the mailman came, early afternoon, and stuck our junk mail (and, alas, a few bills) in our door. Fortunately, I saw him coming, raced for the kitchen, and got down to the front door in time to hand him a baggie full of cookies!

I also have to say that the Jefferson City snowplows have been doing an incredibly good job with Broadway, and even with little old West Elm Street. It's so comforting to hear them rumbling by, to know they're out there, making the roads passable for letter carriers, emergency vehicles, and whatever. Angels in trucks . . .

2 comments:

Osage Bluff Quilter said...

You sure that's a Honda? Looks more like an igloo to me.

We didn't get mail delivery out here in the sticks. However the newspaper man made it in the wee hours.

Michael Saar said...

Thanks for the photos. I've been looking at the LU webcam, but the quality is not very good. Glad you don't have power problems. It looks like St. Louis dodged the bullet. I know it's small comfort, but if you havn't seen these pictures, you will at least know how much worse it might have been. http://www.fs.usda.gov/Internet/FSE_DOCUMENTS/stelprdb5212310.pdf